Give your sites a booster shot with a personalized performance reportFill out the form to the right to download a workbook that will show you how to create a personalized performance report for each of your sites. All you need is the standard site summary, subject summary, open query and missing forms report from your EDC. Paste those reports into the template, and within minutes you'll have a file that you can import into your email application for sending all of your sites a detailed performance report.
What, exactly, will this workbook do?The most basic reports that come out of your EDC and IxRS actually contain a wealth of insights. For instance, if you have...
- a list of every site, indicating that site's country and activation date
- a list of every screened subject, indicating their screen date, screen failure date and/or randomization date
- average number of subjects screened per month, by site
- average number of subjects randomized per month, by site
- country enrollment rates and subtotals
- days since last screening or randomization, by site
- and lots more
The answers are valuable to you as a data manager and trial leader. But they are also incredibly motivating to sites. By telling each site, each week, how they rank (either globally or for their country) on enrollment or data management metrics, you inspire better performance. Of course, this kind of data has context. Sites always face unique circumstances that either help or hinder patient recruitment or data entry. So the metrics you provide should not represent the last word in performance. Still, they are useful as benchmarks and conversation starters.
Consult the next session for tips on how to generate these metrics with the workbook and how to present them in a way that conveys gratitude and encouragement. The idea isn't to scold, but to motivate!
How to use this workbook
- Complete the form to the right. Once you do, you will find a link to download Rx DM Health 20170428.
- Save a copy of this workbook with the file name changed, e.g., Rx Site Performance Optimizer - My Study.
- Retain the original file for reference.
- Consult the guidance in the Read Me sheet of your copy.
- Clear the example data (but not the header rows) in each of the sheets with green labels.
- Gather your site list, subject summary, query report and missing forms report.
- Beginning with the Date of reports tab, proceed from one green-labeled tab to the next, pasting in your data.
- When you have completed pasting in your data, consult the Site Metrics sheets for insights on how your site compare in their subject recruitment and data management performance.
- Copy the entire Mail merge sheet and paste as values into a new Excel file. Save that file as a .csv, e.g., My Study mail merge for 1MAY2017.csv
- Prepare your mail merge template. For tips on how to compose an email intended to thank and motivate sites, click here.
- Consult one of these resources for instructions on how to execute mail merge with your email application:
Microsoft knowledge article: Use mail merge to send bulk email messages Lynda.com video on mail merge in Outlook Digital Inspiration: How to Send Personalized Emails with Mail Merge in Gmail Mashable: How to send personalized mass emails in Gmail
- Repeat this process at regular intervals, weekly for fast-recruiting trials, bi-weekly or monthly for slower-recruiting ones.
- Share your success stories and ideas for enhancing this process! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.